To synthesise and decipher symbolism requires contemplation.
Contemplation involves the mind in a simultaneous three-fold operation;
Review, Analysis, and Enquiry…
When performed with honest intent the essence inevitably reveals itself.
The Codices of the New Testament offer great scope for contemplation.
A psychological approach to storytelling opens to us Esoteric Christianity.
Exoteric Christianity insists upon the historical authenticity of the Gospels…
…And posits the notion of vicarious salvation via belief.
Esoteric Christianity insists upon neither of these two tenets.
Below is a comprehensive analysis of the story of the Marriage of Cana.
Marriage at Cana
1. The Third Day…was a marriage at Cana of Galilee and the Mother of Jesus was there and also Jesus was called…
2. And wine having failed the Mother of Jesus said to him, ‘Wine they have not.’
3. Jesus said to her, “What… to me and to thee Woman? Not yet is mine hour come.”
4. His Mother said to the Ministrants, “Whatever he may say to you… do.”
5. There were six water jugs of stone placed according to the purification of the Jews holding each three measures.
6. Jesus said to them, “Fill the stone jugs with water.” And they filled them… up to the brim.
7. And then he said to them, “Draw out now and bear to the Director of the Apartment.” And they did so.
8. And the Director of the Apartment tasted the water becoming wine and knew not whence it is, yet the Disciples knew from whence they had drawn it, the Director of the Feast did then call the Bridegroom and said to him, “everyman at first the good wine set forth and when they have drunk freely only then the inferior but you have kept the good wine for Now.”
9. This, the first Sign of Jesus in his manifest glory at Cana in Galilee.
– John 2…
Mother – Son = Stone = ‘Letter of Law’
Bridegroom – (Bride) = Water = ‘Spirit of Law’
(Husband) – (Wife) = Wine = ‘Divine Law’
Director of the Apartment = Ego
Director of the Feast = Essence
Ministrants = Unredeemed aspects of personality
Disciples= Redeemed aspects of personality
Woman = Active Receptivity.
All aspects of the personality are redeemed by active receptivity to Divine Dispensation.